Answered By: Libguide Admin Last Updated: Aug 19, 2015 Views: 106
LLU is introducing a system for mobile printing called Pharos Mobile Print. It allows you to print certain content types from your iOS mobile device (Android coming soon) to certain printers in the University Library, School of Medicine and School of Pharmacy labs. Pharos Mobile Print provides a means to "email" documents from your mobile device to be printed at a release station in the Library, SM or SP labs. The mobile interface will also allow you to check your account and alter your print jobs before they are printed. Below are more details to get you started, but please visit our complete Mobile Print Libguide for more information.
|Formats you can print:||Disallowed types include but are not limited to:|
|Microsoft PowerPoint||Web Pages|
|PDFs||Document types not listed|
|Text Files (CVS, RTF, TXT)|
The LLU Print Center is a portal to manage Pharos printing on campus. Active LLU, LLUMC and affiliated LLUH people with LLUH identification badges have access to the LLU Print Center. From the LLU Print Center, you can:
- Review the list of your print jobs waiting to be printed.
- Review past print activity,
- Check on your funds balance
- Alter color, duplexing, page printing and copies to some print jobs waiting in the queue.
- Select and release print jobs to designated printers.
The URL for the LLU Print Center: https://lluprint.llu.edu/myprintcenter/. Login with your LLUH username and password (same as email).
When using your mobile device to print an item, you will need to be able to share the item via a email. The list of supported document formats:
- Microsoft Word
- Text (CSV, RTF & TXT)
The email for LLU mobile printing is firstname.lastname@example.org
After you have sent the item, you will receive a confirmation email that the item is ready to be printed. The available places to release your mobile print job are:
- Two copiers in the University Library, 3rd floor
- The Centennial copier on 2nd floor between the ampitheaters
- [Pharmacy Students] - Two printers in the Pharmacy Lab
- [Pharmacy Students] - CVS student lounge printer
- [Medicine Students] - Hadley student lounge printer
- [Medicine Students] - PDX printer
- [Medicine Students] - Alumni Pathology printer
Pharos has released an iOS app to management mobile printing. This app does not release/print documents but it provides a means to send your documents to the printer queue for later release.
Other ways to contact us
Call the Circulation Desk with general information questions: 909-558-4550
Call the Reference Desk with questions about research and resources: 909-558-4588
Message us @LLULibraries